Tidal Turbine Loads Engineer
- Are you ready for a challenge?
- Do you want to drive the technology and see your most innovative ideas turning into reality?
- Do you want to be at the forefront of an exciting development and lead the tidal industry into commercialisation?
- Do you want to become part of a first class engineering team and compete in an international environment?
- Are you self-driven and motivated to boost your interdisciplinary knowledge?
The Engineering Team is looking for someone to take on the role of rotor load calculations to join our team and work in a very dynamic environment contributing to the long term success of the company and the tidal industry. You will have a degree in an aerodynamics or other numerical specialisation and some of experience with the aeroelastic calculation programs (GH Bladed, AeroDyn, FLEX, HAWC, Fast) and have knowledge of applicable standards such as IEC61400. The role of the turbine loads engineer will include:
- Aeroelastic model preparation including blade geometry definitions
- Develop the relevant set of load cases in close cooperation with the certification body and follow-up of the certification plan
- Carry out load calculations including post-processing
- Load and model validation through measurements and check against component load envelopes and design requirements
- Development of a fully integrated and dynamic rotor – drive train optimisation tool open for various other model interfaces
As part of the international Andritz Hydro organisation you will become part of a group of experts in hydrodynamical calculations and you will actively share your knowledge with your colleagues in Europe.
The profile of the successful candidate preferably encompasses:
- Degree in an aerodynamics or other numerical specialisation
- Knowledge of GH Bladed, AeroDyn, FLEX, HAWC, Fast
- Knowledge of relevant DNV, GL and IEC standards
- Knowledge of Matlab, C++,C#,VB.Net, SQL server
- The successful candidate will be required to travel both within the UK and internationally
We can offer
- A permanent position based in our offices near Glasgow Airport
- An excellent working environment promoting your skills and career development
- A competitive salary
- A unique experience in your career contributing to the success of the tidal industry
Please submit your CV and salary expectations to Roz.Wood@hammerfeststrom.co.uk
Please title your email: Tidal Turbine Loads Expert